Caregiver at Cherry Crest Care Home
Employer: Cherry Crest Care Home
About Us: Cherry Crest is an Adult Foster Home with 5 residents located at 1411 Cherry Crest Drive in Lake Oswego, Oregon. Unique among Portland retirement communities, Cherry Crest offers luxury retirement living in a beautiful and peaceful setting where Residents & Caregivers feel connected and appreciated. Our Mission: “To provide an exceptional living environment to our Residents — bringing comfort, assistance & joy to all who live here.” More information at: cherrycrestcare.com.
Opportunity: We have an opening for a shift caregiver. We are seeking someone who is dependable, mature, hard-working and friendly.
The Caregiver position provides opportunities for a flexible schedule and variety of shifts, including overnight.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Each day is spent providing cheerful & friendly care while maintaining a clean & happy setting:
- Assist residents with Activities of Daily Living including grooming, bathing, toileting, dressing, and other duties as directed
- Assist residents with transferring from bed to chairs, showers, wheelchairs
- Assist residents in walking, with and without aid of walkers
- Prepare nutritious meals, help with feeding when needed
- Respond promptly & courteously to resident requests for assistance
- Laundry, changing bed linens
- Maintain cleanliness & professional image of the facility, light housekeeping, keep resident & common areas clean & tidy
- Monitor and dispense medication per doctors’ orders and keep daily logs updated
- Develop and lead recreational activities for residents. Encourage residents to socialize, & participate in planned or unplanned activities. Escort residents to daily activities & participate. Help them feel connected.
- Monitor resident physical health and emotional well-being & report to supervisor
- Assist in setting appointments and transportation needs for residents
- Light gardening (watering & trimming flowers) is also a possibility.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Skills and Abilities: Must have good communication skills and the ability to work as a
team player. Computer experience. Be flexible and willing to adapt, as necessary. Able to speak, read and write english. Must enjoy working with seniors and the disabled.
Experience: Experience providing direct care to seniors or persons with disabilities; either family members or an institutional healthcare setting is helpful. Leading and planning of activities is helpful.
- CPR/First Aid Certification
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to
- use hands on fine tasks (to finger, handle or feel);
- stand for periods of time;
- respond quickly & walk quickly;
- stoop and kneel;
- bend, twist, squat, and/or reach, push, pull;
- lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds;
If interested, please email your resume to email@example.com. Qualified applicants will be contacted via phone for interviews.