Hearthstone at Murrayhill
Hearthstone at Murrayhill
Medication Aide (Beaverton)
Compensation: TBD Part Time
Hearthstone at Murrayhill is a premier senior community in Beaverton, OR. We desire to serve our residents with love, respect and integrity. We serve independent, assisted living and memory care residents and are looking for an, experienced, like-minded Medication Aide who is familiar with dementia care and has a heart to serve seniors. Hearthstone wants employees who are team-oriented, yet able to work independently, who value opportunities to serve others, (both residents and coworkers).
Hearthstone at Murrayhill is always looking for high caliber individuals who understand that a job is more than just a paycheck.
Applicant will administer prescribed medication and treatments to residents, and maintain complete and accurate medical records. All responsibilities will be conducted in a manner that is consistent with principles of Hearthstone’s mission and philosophy and that of Assisted Living.
Summary of Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Administration of prescribed medication and treatments. May be Delegated to perform blood sugar testing and insulin injections.
- Transcribe physician orders completely and accurately.
- Make and receive phone calls to physician offices and pharmacy for information and clarification.
- Observe and report changes in resident’s physical or behavioral conditions to Nurse or Director of Health Services and complete documentation on actions.
- Take and record vital signs, as directed.
- Prepare chart for new residents.
- Acting Manager on Duty in Administrators absence.
- Knowledgeable in use of equipment.
- Make copies of chart materials to go with resident when leaving for hospital or physician appointment.
- Maintain cleanliness and order in Medication Room and Chart Room.
- Report need for health care supplies to Medication Care Manager.
- Works collaboratively with other care staff.
- Demonstrates an appreciation of the heritage, values, and wisdom of the residents and an understanding of the aging process.
- Must be self-motivated and able to think independently.
- Must be able to work flexible hours and participate in holiday activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Qualifications:
- High school graduate or GED.
- Age 18 or greater with current CPR certification.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate in English (reading, writing, speaking, and comprehension) in order to understand, plan, and carry out care plans and treatments, as well as, communicate with family and physicians.
- Ability to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division and understanding of fractions at a sixth grade level. Competency with medical terminology and measurements.
- Current Oregon Certified Medication Aide, preferred. NO PHONE CALLS
If you are interested and have the desire to work with seniors, please come by and fill out an application or send a resume to email@example.com. We are located at 10880 SW Davies Rd, Beaverton, Or. 97008. We are one block east of Murray Blvd off Scholls Ferry Rd. Please submit an application. Open until filled. We look forward to meeting you. No emails or phone calls please.
Teresa Weitz – HR Assistant – 10880 SW Davies Road |Beaverton, OR 97008 |503.521.3027