Makeup Policy Information
OSBN REGULATIONS REQUIRE 100% MANDATORY ATTENDANCE FOR ALL CLASSROOM, LAB, AND CLINICAL SESSIONS.
- All Missed Time Must Be Made Up: Students are responsible for all material covered in their absences, making up missed time, and for the academic consequences of their absences.
- All Makeup Time Must Be Under the Supervision OSBN-Approved Instructors at Caregiver Training Institute.
Consequences of Missed Time
- Students with makeup time remaining from the class/lab portion of their program will not be allowed to take their final exam and proceed into clinical until all the missing time is made up.
- Students with makeup time remaining from clinical will not be eligible to complete their program until all the missing clinical time is made up.
- Students who must wait for makeup time to complete their program risk having their programs delayed, or not being able to complete their programs within the required OSBN timeframe.
Makeup Time Is Not Guaranteed
- Makeup time is offered, dependent upon availability, at no additional cost for occasional absences.
- The availability of makeup time is impacted by a number of factors: the availability in other regularly scheduled classes, and the OSBN regulations that set student-instructor class ratios and specify how missed time must be made up.
- BOLI employment regulations preclude makeup time being scheduled during break or lunch periods.
Understanding that emergencies and extenuating circumstances may unexpectedly impact student attendance, on specific occasions Caregiver Training Institute will allow students attending the didactic portion of their program on campus the opportunity to attend their class virtually so that they can avoid missing class and incurring make-up time.
Scheduling Makeup Time
Makeup time is arranged through the school business office. Students will be contacted by the business office Attendance & Clinical Coordinator to review makeup options and schedule makeup time. Makeup may not occur in a timely manner. Openings are time-sensitive, and students may only receive a few hours’ notice in advance. It is the student’s responsibility to contact the school as soon as possible, but no later than within one (1) business day, after being contacted by the business office to discuss their availability to schedule makeup time. Students should never contact their instructors, or call the clinical facility, regarding missed time, tardiness, or scheduling makeup time.
Makeup Time – Options
Classroom makeup time will be offered at the school as follows:
- Students who are absent or tardy must make up the time they missed in class in 10-minute intervals on campus.
- Students may be provided with a video recording of the class they missed and/or assigned the program material they need to review during their makeup session to meet program required hours of didactic instruction.
Lab makeup time will be offered at the school as follows:
- Students who are absent or tardy must make up the time they missed in labs in a scheduled classroom lab in 10-minute intervals on campus.
- Lab makeup openings are dependent upon availability, time-sensitive, and students may only receive a few hours’ notice in advance of an opening.
Clinical makeup time will be offered at a facility as follows:
- Students who are absent or tardy during clinicals must make up the time they missed in clinical for an entire day in a different available clinical facility in a program cohort with openings.
- In the event students have partial clinical hours remaining to be made up, the additional makeup time will be scheduled at the beginning of an available clinical and the student will leave at the beginning of an appropriate break period.
- This makeup option is very limited, and dependent upon availability.