Makeup Policy Information
Makeup Time Is Not Guaranteed
Makeup time is offered, dependent upon availability, at no additional cost for occasional absences. The availability of makeup time is impacted by a number of factors: the availability in other regularly scheduled classes; OSBN regulations that set student-instructor class ratios and specify how missed time must be made up; and BOLI employment regulations, which preclude makeup time being scheduled during break or lunch periods.
Scheduling Makeup Time
Makeup time is arranged through the school business office. Students will be contacted by the business office Student Services Coordinator or Clinical Coordinator to review makeup options and schedule makeup time. Makeup may not occur in a timely manner. Openings are time-sensitive, and students may only receive a few hours’ notice in advance. It is the student’s responsibility to contact the school as soon as possible, but no later than within one (1) business day, after being contacted by the business office to discuss their availability to schedule makeup time. Students should never contact their instructors, or call the clinical facility, regarding missed time, tardiness, or scheduling makeup time.
Makeup Time – Options
- Classroom makeup time will be offered at the school as follows:
- Students may be assigned makeup time in a scheduled classroom setting to meet program required hours of instruction.
- Students may be scheduled to a study hall in a supervised setting at the school to view program videos and review program materials.
- Lab makeup time will be offered at the school as follows:
- Students will be assigned lab makeup time in a scheduled classroom lab to meet program required hours of instruction.
- This makeup option is limited and dependent upon availability.
- Clinical makeup time will be offered at a facility as follows:
- Students will be assigned clinical makeup time in facility to meet program required hours of instruction.
- This makeup option is very limited and dependent upon availability.