Attendance Policy Information
OSBN REGULATIONS REQUIRE 100% MANDATORY ATTENDANCE FOR ALL CLASSROOM, LAB AND CLINICAL SESSIONS.
Because all time is mandatory under OSBN regulations, missing any time, including being late or leaving early can result in not accumulating enough time for a student to move forward in their training program, and WILL DELAY AND MAY PREVENT students from completing their programs.
ALL MISSED TIME MUST BE MADE UP.
Students are expected to attend and to be on time for all classroom, skills labs, and clinical sessions. They are responsible for making up all missed time, including partial day absences, full day absences and being tardy. Tardiness includes arriving late, leaving early, returning beyond the time allowed for breaks or lunch.
CONSEQUENCES OF MISSED TIME
- Students are responsible for all material covered in their absences, making up missed time, and for the academic consequences of their absences.
- Students with makeup time remaining from the class/lab portion of their program will not be allowed to take their final exam and proceed into clinical until all the missing time is made up.
- Students with makeup time remaining from clinical will not be eligible to complete their program until all the missing clinical time is made up.
- Students who must wait for makeup time to complete their program risk having their programs delayed, or not being able to complete their programs within the required OSBN timeframe of completing the clinical portion of the program no later than four (4) months following the last date of classroom instruction.
- Students who do not meet the attendance requirement and fail to complete their program within the OSBN regulation required timeframe will be dropped from their program, without refund.
- Under the Appeal & Complaint Policy process, a student in danger of failing to complete their program within the OSBN regulation required timeframe may submit, with sufficient advance notice, a formal written appeal to the Program Director to re-set their program completion deadline date. Re-setting the program completion deadline date, if approved by the Program Director, will entail re-setting the last date of classroom instruction through the purchase of extra lab days at the cost of $80.00 per lab day.