Oregon State Board of Nursing
17938 SW Upper Boones Ferry Rd.
Portland, Oregon 97224-7012
Visit the OSBN website to get your license number after testing; to look up your license to see if you are in “good standing”; to check on your license renewal; to learn about transferring your license from another state; to change your address; to get common questions answered, and a lot more.
The Oregon State Board of Nursing (OSBN) oversees our programs. They are also responsible for determining licensure and certification requirements, interpreting the Oregon Nurse Practice Act, evaluating and approving nursing education programs and nursing assistant training programs, issuing licenses and renewals, investigating complaints and taking disciplinary action against licensees who violate the Oregon Nurse Practice Act, maintaining the nursing assistant registry, administering competency of evaluations, imposing disciplinary sanctions for nursing assistants, and providing testimony to the legislature and other organizations as needed.
Listed below are links to the Oregon State Board of Nursing regulations which govern our program:
- DIVISION 1 Rules of Practice and Procedure
- DIVISION 7 Criminal History Checks
- DIVISION 61 Standards for Training Programs for Nursing Assistants and Medication Aides
- DIVISION 62 Standards for Certification of Nursing Assistants and Medication Aides
- DIVISION 63 Standards and Authorized Duties for Certified Nursing Assistants and Certified Medication Aides
How to Schedule State Exam:
Once the certificate packet is issued to the student, you will submit your application and payment to OSBN. OSBN will email you with a link to Headmaster, where you will schedule your state exam. You will log into Headmaster with the user name and password provided in your packet. You may reschedule an exam date up until three business days before your scheduled exam date online, or by calling Headmaster at 1-800-393-8664.
PO Box 6609
Helena, MT 59604
Phone: (800) 393-8664
Fax: (406) 442-3357
OSBN Board Exam Fees:
Fees are payable to: OSBN. Fees submitted as part of the application process are not refundable.
CNA – Initial Examination: $106.00
(For applicants to obtain Oregon CNA1 certification who have not been certified as a CNA in another state or jurisdiction, and who have completed an OSBN-approved and minimum OBRA standard Nursing Assistant training within the last two years.)
CMA – Initial Examination: $73.00
NA-1 and MA students will be fingerprinted as set by the OSBN regulations for board certification testing. Effective September 1, 2015, applicants for certification testing will have their fingerprints taken via Livescan, a digital process for fingerprint capture. The State of Oregon has contracted with Fieldprint to handle fingerprint collection services. It has the largest network of Livescan collection site throughout the country.
- Students are required to submit their Certification for Examination Application and processing fees to the OSBN for board testing and their fingerprint-based criminal background check before getting their fingerprints.
- Once the OSBN has received a student’s application and fee payments, they will send the student a “Next Steps” email with further instructions and a link to take them directly to Fieldprint’s webpage. The link is unique to each student’s application and cannot be used by any other applicant. Through the link, students can set up a Fieldprint user account, schedule their fingerprinting appointment, and pay the fee for their fingerprint collection.
- Applicants must have an appointment; all walk-ins will be turned away.